|Postman Pat and the Train Inspector|
|Air Date||11th October 2004|
|Previous||Postman Pat and the Midsummer Market|
|Next||Postman Pat and the Ice Ladder|
Ajay's friends all help him to pass the Train Inspector's tests.
- Sara Clifton
- Julian Clifton
- Mrs. Goggins
- Ted Glen
- Alf Thompson
- Bill Thompson
- The Reverend Timms
- Mrs. Pottage
- Katy and Tom Pottage
- Ajay Bains
- Nisha Bains
- Meera Bains
- Nikhil Bains
- P.C. Selby
- Lucy Selby
- Doctor Gilbertson
- Sarah Gilbertson
- Mr. Pringle
- Charlie Pringle
- The Train Inspector
- Dorothy Thompson (cameo)
- Pat's House
- Post Office
- Greendale Station
- Ted's Workshop
- Greendale Primary School
- The Church
- Garner Hall
- Pencaster (mentioned)
- Pencaster Station Works (mentioned)
- Ken Barrie as Pat, Ted, Alf, the Reverend, P.C. Selby, Mr. Pringle and the Inspector
- Melissa Sinden as Jess
- Carole Boyd as Sara Clifton, Mrs. Goggins, Mrs. Pottage, Doctor Gilbertson, Sarah Gilbertson and Charlie
- Janet James as Julian and Lucy
- Kulvinder Ghir as Bill, Tom and Ajay
- Archie Panjabi as Katy, Nisha and Meera
- Stock footage from the opening titles, Postman Pat and the Ice Cream Machine, Postman Pat and the Runaway Kite, Postman Pat and the Great Greendale Race and Postman Pat and the Greendale Rocket is used.
- Ajay shows his teeth at point, a sight which is very rearly seen in the television series.
- As he is inspecting more than just the Greendale Rocket, the Train Inspector could have been refered to as the Railway Inspector.
- Towards the end of the scene in the Post Office, the clock moves back to the time that it was at the beginning of the scene.
- The Inspector's letter should have come to Ajay days in advance.
- Because stock footage from Postman Pat and the Runaway Kite is used, Jess is not in the van when Pat arrives at Ted's workshop.
- When Katy takes the letters from Pat, her coat disappears.
- When Ajay says that the platform needs sweeping, a close-up of Bill shows him back at the school.
- Ajay says "The signs on the door needs polishing." The correct grammar should be either of these:
- "The sign on the door needs polishing."
- "The signs on the doors need polishing."
- "The sign on the doors needs polishing."
- "The signs on the door need polishing." (used in the episode's subtitles on BBC iPlayer)