|Postman Pat and the Hole in the Road|
|Air Date|| 3rd April 1996 (UK)|
22nd August 1997 (Australia)
|Previous||Postman Pat and the Barometer|
|Next||Postman Pat and the Suit of Armour|
Mr Pringle has been teaching the children about volcanoes and earthquakes. The next day this makes Pat think about the holes in the road. While on his rounds, he gets diverted round in a big circle. P.C. Selby lets all traffic pass through Thompson Ground and Ted gets ready to mend the hole with tar.
- Mrs. Goggins
- Ted Glen
- Alf Thompson
- Dorothy Thompson
- Bill Thompson
- Katy and Tom Pottage
- P.C. Selby
- Lucy Selby
- Mr. Pringle
- Charlie Pringle
- Miss Hubbard
- Sam Waldron (does not speak)
- Post Office
- Greendale School
- Ted Glenn's workshop
- Thompson Ground
- Miss Hubbard's cottage
- Ken Barrie as Pat, Ted Glen, Alf Thompson, P.C. Selby, Mr. Pringle, and the Main Narrator
- Carole Boyd as Julian Clifton, Mrs. Goggins, Dorothy Thompson, Bill Thompson, Katy and Tom Pottage, Lucy Selby, Charlie Pringle and Miss Hubbard
- When Pat puts up the new sign at the end of the episode, it stands up against something that it is not there.
- A crossroad sign is seen at a T-Junction.
- In the long shots of Pat driving through the village and the countryside, he is not wearing his hat or glasses and Jess is not next to him.
- When Pat says "What, more diversions?" the arrow on the sign is pointing the wrong way.