|Postman Pat and the Big Butterflies|
|Air Date||27th September 2004|
|Previous||Postman Pat and the Green Rabbit|
|Next||Postman Pat and the Troublesome Train|
Two big butterflies have escaped from Pencaster Zoo.
- Mrs. Goggins
- Alf Thompson
- Dorothy Thompson
- Bill Thompson
- Mrs. Pottage
- Katy and Tom Pottage
- Nisha Bains
- Meera Bains
- P.C. Selby
- Lucy Selby
- Sarah Gilbertson
- Mr. Pringle
- Charlie Pringle
- Nikhil Bains (cameo)
- PAT 1
- The Greendale Rocket
- Pat's House
- Post Office
- Greendale Primary School
- Thompson Ground
- Greendale Station
- The Church
- Garner Hall
- River Penn
- Pencaster Zoo (mentioned)
- Ken Barrie as Pat, Alf, P.C. Selby and Mr. Pringle
- Melissa Sinden as Jess
- Janet James as Julian and Lucy
- Carole Boyd as Mrs. Goggins, Dorothy, Mrs. Pottage, Sarah and Charlie
- Kulvinder Ghir as Bill and Tom
- Archie Panjabi as Katy, Nisha and Meera
- Stock footage from Postman Pat and the Great Greendale Race and Postman Pat and the Greendale Rocket is used.
- In the first few shots, the church seems to be in two places at once.
- When Pat passes the church at the beginning, the weathervane is missing from on top of the belfry.
- Mrs. Pottage and Mrs. Goggins say you need a hat in the wind, but if Mrs. Pottage is having to keep on holding onto her hat whilst the wind is blowing, then no you do not.
- Pat and P.C. Selby should be able to recognise butterflies when he sees them straight away.
- When Jess leaps out of the van window at the school, strings can be seen attached to him whilst he is in mid air.
- Sarah does not move correctly when she says "You've got to be quiet now. Mr. Pringle's got a letter."
- In most of the shots in the classroom, Julian has his jacket on, but when Sarah says "You've got to be quiet now. Mr. Pringle's got a letter." and when the children gasp about the missing butterflies, it is not there.
- Nikhil only has one eye brow.
- When Lucy finds the flower which she thinks is one of the butterflies, she says "There it is." without moving her lips.
- At first Lucy is not wearing her jacket when the children start their butterfly hunt, but she suddenly has it when they arrive at the post office.
- When Bill tells Dorothy about the butterflies and reminds Pat about the free passes for the zoo, he has no eye brows.
- The holes that Pat pokes in the container are big enough for the butterflies to escape again.
- When Pat tells Dorothy that the butterflies liked the cherries on her hat, Charlie looks sad for some unknown reason.
- P.C. Selby should have known about the escaped butterflies all along.