- This article is about the 1988 VHS release containing four episodes from Season 1. For the 2000 release containing six episodes from Season 2, see Postman Pat's Big Video! (2000).
- This is the only Postman Pat video to feature the 1988-1991 BBC Video ident.
- The video cover of Postman Pat's Big Video got new packaging for a re-released edition in 1992.
- The video tape of Postman Pat's Big Video got re-packaged in 1992 with the BBC Video 1991-1997 Ident, a BBC Video slide with four other Postman Pat titles that are also available and different footage for the episodes (with title logos at the start of each episode) on that video.
- The video was re-released in 1998 and sold exclusively by Marks and Spencer Plc which was distributed under license by BBC Worldwide Ltd.
- The cover spine of the 1992 edition shows a picture from Postman Pat and the Toy Soldiers even though the episode is not on this release.