PAT 1 is a bright red van that Postman Pat always drives on his rounds. It has the Royal Mail logo on its sides.
- It is likely to be based on a 1980 Lambretta William Voiturette van.
- The SDS Mini Van has the same body as this van.
- Several merchandises of the van have been released, including toys, coin operated kiddie rides and even bags.
- The kiddie rides based on this vehicle are made by three former kiddie ride companies OMC Electronics (1992), Mitchells Children's Rides (1997) and Fun2Learn (2007).
- The official Royal Mail logo did not appear on its side in the Television Series until episode 8.
- In the movie, it has GB driving licences, but still has PAT 1 on them.